If you are still running a traditional telephony system, you’re missing out on opportunities to optimize your productivity. It’s time to take full advantage of
all these benefits and more.
Long gone are the days when employees were deskbound with only an analog telephone and a pink message pad as their primary work communications tools. Today’s high-speed converged IP networks have transformed voice into a many faceted, multimedia communications suite that keeps workers responsive, business competitive and costs streamlined.
By deploying an IP-based network, you can enjoy a suite of productivity-boosting communications tools, including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Unified Communications (UC) and collaboration services. Specifically, you can:
• Reduce wasted time playing phone tag
• Seamlessly transfer calls between wired and wireless networks
• Reduce travel costs with lifelike video conferencing
• Slash last-mile network costs with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunks
• Provide tools to resolve business issues on the spot using Web conferencing and collaboration services
• Geographically locate employees virtually anywhere with one-number access
• Streamline message management using unified message boxes
These are just a few of the ways that an IP platform can improve many aspects of your business operations. AT&T can supply you with the UC and collaboration applications you need with the accessibility and performance you have come to expect over the AT&T network.
Transforming Voice: A Path to Unified Communications
This IDC white paper analyzes the transformation of voice from legacy solutions to an Internet Protocol (IP)–based platform where voice over IP (VoIP) is an essential application and critical building block for unified communications (UC).